Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Settling In

I'm home for 2 weeks recovering from my ordeal. It's nice to have the extra time with Rowan, I can't lie. She's a lot to take care of during the day as I heal but I needed her and she needed me. Her smile changes everything. I'm able to eat more and more. Every bite I put in my mouth I second guess and wonder if I'll regret it in an hour or so with the onset of pain. So far, so good. My milk supply was low while in the hospital. I'm slowly trying to gain it back. I've been using Reglan (by prescription) and yesterday, added Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle with the hope that I'll regain my abundant supply. That's been the hardest. It's hard to imagine having to stop breastfeeding so early. I enjoy the time with her and know the benefits are incredible. I'm doing what I can do and that's all I can do. Stay positive! On another note, Rowan has found her hands. They go directly into her mouth no matter how hard we try to keep them out. It's hard to tell if she's hungry or just interested in her hands. She's keeping me busy and I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Rowan's Binky

Rowan's Binky
Should I suck on my binky or my thumb?