Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Illness

Okay, so I've thought before that Rowan had a cold or congestion etc. but there is no comparing those times to what she has now. Yesterday, I came home from work and had the stomach flu. Todd, apparently, didn't want me to outdo him and also began his case of stomach flu yesterday. Rowan has been feeling sick all weekend. You know...fussy, a different cry than her normal (and she doesn't really cry much at all), threw up on Saturday and was running a low grade fever. She got sick again last night and her fever crept up. I thought, "great, I hope she's not getting the stomach flu." How would we manage that. So, with all of us under the weather, good old Grandma (highly allergic to cats and all) came out (did I mention that we had a "bad" snow storm headed this way) and helped take care of Rowan while Todd and I took care of ourselves. Grandma was a trooper and slept in the cold spare bedroom (don't ask) and got up at 1 a.m. when Rowan was crying to feed her. What would we do without her? This morning, Rowan made her true, first official sick visit to the doctor (Todd and I were still sick, of course). Rowan has an upper respiratory infection so she was put on her first round of antibiotics and hopefully, her last for awhile. She hates the medicine (who are they fooling? A 4 month old doesn't know what bubblegum tastes like!). She's on it for 10 days and home from daycare until her fever breaks. She's sleeping a lot today, trying to recover. We're praying she doesn't come down with the stomach flu on top of everything else. What a month this has been!

No comments:

Rowan's Binky

Rowan's Binky
Should I suck on my binky or my thumb?