Monday, January 19, 2009

Pasta House Waitress

So Aunt Amanda, Rowan and I ran out to the mall on Saturday night while Daddy and Uncle Craig were at the Blues/Blackhawks game. All of the restaurants at the mall were crowded so we decided to eat at Pasta House in Ellisville. We arrived and were seated...by the way, the boy (and I mean boy) gave us 3 menus and place settings. That gave us a good laugh because he obviously thought Rowan was going to order something for herself. The waitress (also young) arrived and commented on how cute Rowan was but it went something like this, "She is sooo cute for how little she is." Hmmmm...translation: usually little babies are all ugly?? Then, she returned later to say again, "She is so cute and I'm NOT lying!" What??? Does she typically lie to people and wanted to reassure me that she was not lying to me? She made this comment a couple of times and referred to her 2 year old at home. Interesting conversation. Very awkward.

2 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

We have a joke in my family that if a baby isn't all that cute, we always comment on how alert he or she is. So every time someone would call Jack "alert" I was always a little offended.

But take it from someone who sees dozens of baby pictures a day . . . Rowen is a cutie! I doubt you need much reassurance there, though.

Jack is way big for his age so even at 5 months old, we'd go to a restaurant and they'd give him a box of crayons. Really? He always proceeded to try and eat them.

K. Pendleton said...

By saying,"She's so cute for how little she is," she meant, "How do you fit so much cute in one little baby?"
I do like the comment about "alert" babies. At least the waitress didn't say Rowan was "breathtaking."

Rowan's Binky

Rowan's Binky
Should I suck on my binky or my thumb?