Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thumb sucking

So many of our friends and family have asked why I was so hesitant to give Rowan a binky. Besides it possibly interfering with breastfeeding, I also had flashforwards to a 5 year old still walking around with a binky in her mouth. Something I hate to see and am disgusted by. So far, so good though in the world of her binky. Last night however, a girl pulled up next to us at a stoplight. She was a cute girl, younger, driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Todd and I were catching up on the day's events when I looked over and saw this girl full-out sucking on her thumb! Her thumb was all the way in her mouth, her lips around it and she was in a daze-like state. I couldn't believe it! This totally grossed me out. The moral of this story is that at least we can throw Rowan's binky away.

No comments:

Rowan's Binky

Rowan's Binky
Should I suck on my binky or my thumb?