Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I did it!

Today was a big day for Rowan and I...probably not as much for Rowan but it was still a big day. Rowan went to daycare for 2 hours today while I attended a meeting at school. It was hard. As Sandy and I were talking, Rowan sat in her car seat sucking on her binky like Maggie Simpson with her big round eyes staring up at us. I think I would've felt better, less guilty, had she been asleep. Sandy was great. She kept reassuring me that Rowan would be fine. I knew she would but it was still odd to leave her. The meeting occupied me so the 2 hours went by quickly. When I picked Rowan up Sandy was feeding her. She had only taken an ounce because they'd just started. Rowan smiled at me once I got to her level on Sandy's lap. So sweet! We packed up, including our Christmas present from Sandy (how nice is that?!) and we left. All was well.

1 comment:

Kyle Luke said...

My son is 18 months old and I'm leaving him overnight for the first time next weekend. I'm excited and dreading it all at the same time! So I can sort of relate. :)

Rowan's Binky

Rowan's Binky
Should I suck on my binky or my thumb?